Jaipur caught my attention ages ago; famously known as India’s Pink City, the Capital of Rajasthan, the land of Forts & Maharajas. It’s also the first place many tourists begin their Indian sojourn. I finally got a chance to visit this magical city for the first time this January. Listed below are 8 things I think you should definitely not miss during your time in the city.
1. City Palace
2. Street Shopping – Bapu Bazar & Johari Bazar
3. Jal Mahal – The Water Palace
4. Nahargarh Fort – The Abode of Tigers
5. Lunch at Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar
6. Dine at 1135 AD in Amber Fort & Palace
7. Hawa Mahal – The Palace of Winds
8. Drinks at Bar Palladio
+ Best time to visit: October – March
+ Stay: The Hilton, Jaipur
+ Transport: Uber Uber Uber! (The rickshaws are always an option for short distances)
+ Traffic: The traffic in Jaipur is crazy hence try your best to visit all the sites early in the day
Here are few of my favourite pictures wandering around Jaipur:
Over to you ~ Have you been to Jaipur? Do you have additional tips or recommendations? Make sure to comment below, I’d love to hear about them!