“Its the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting”
Greece has been on the top of my travel list for years now and I FINALLY got to see it last year! I visited Athens & Santorini in early October (which I believe is the best time to visit) along with my parents for our annual family holiday. Unfortunately, time was limited and we weren’t able to visit as many islands as originally planned. My experience in Greece surpassed my expectations by far. I’ve never met kinder and more welcoming people in my life, the food was absolutely divine and let’s not begin to discuss the beauty of the place ‘cause I could go on for hours. I’m just going to let you enjoy the pictures instead! 😉 I’ve listed down the places I stayed at, the restaurants to keep an eye out for & things to do. Feel free to add more recommendations in the comment section below or if you have any questions, I’d be more than happy to answer them!
- A for Athens -This hotel has an amazing cocktail bar on their rooftop overlooking the Acropolis. Reservation required. Add: Miaouli 2, Athina 105 54, Greece.
- Electra Palace Hotel, Athens – Add: 8 Nikodimou Street, Plaka, Athens, Athina 105 57, Greece
- Strogili, Oia, Santorini – Add: Thiras-Oias, Eleftheriou Venizelou Street, Oia 847 02, Greece
- Airbnb Villa Anita, Imerovigli, Santorini – Do note, there are loads of steps & you will have to carry your own bags here!
Places to Eat
- The Old Tavern of Psaras since 1898 – Add:16, Erotokritou 12, Athina 10556
- Mezzo – This was our favourite restaurant; must try: Fried Sardines. Add: Mezzo Hotel, Imerovigli 84700
- Ovac by Cavo Tagoo – Add: Imerovigli, Thira 84700Anogi – Reservation required. Add: Main street between Fira & Oia Imerovigili 84700
- Sunset by Ammoudi – Add: Ammoudi Bay (walk down over 300 + steps from Oia Castle)
- Ambrosia – Reservation Required. Add: Near the Old Church, Oia Villa, Oia 84702
- Lotza – Add: Nomikou pedestrian, Oia 84702
Things to do
- The Acropolis – Obviously!
- Monastiraki Square
- Syntagma Square
- Temple of Zeus
- Sunset Views from Oia Castle – Arrive at least an hour prior as it tends to get REALLY crowded.
- Wine Tasting – Domaine Sigalas
- Do the (2 hour) Hike from Oia to Fira for some stunning views along the way
- Volcanic Tours
Greece will always have my heart & I absolutely cannot wait to go back!